At ACUMEN BUSINESS LAW we fully understand how personally stressful and commercially disruptive disputes can be. Our initial approach is always to explore the possibility of a negotiated settlement and, if possible, to preserve the trading relationship with an amicable solution.
However, we are experienced and realistic enough to know that sometimes compromise is impossible and that more formal action is required in order to ensure that your commercial interests are protected.
Our litigators can call on a wide range of experience in commercial dispute resolution, acting for both claimant and defendant even to the House of Lords and the European Court of Justice. Their determined but sensitive approach aims to minimise disruption to your business, whilst at the same time ensuring that you receive robust and effective representation.
We can offer assistance in a variety of areas including:
- Contractual disputes
- Shareholder, director and partnership disputes
- Joint venture disputes
- Intellectual Property rights violations
- Injunctive relief and asset recovery
- Consumer and sale of goods disputes
- Corporate debt recovery and enforcement
- Agency and distribution agreement disputes
- Product liability
- Defamation, trade libel and malicious falsehood
- Judicial review and public law
- Professional negligence
- Construction disputes
Our collaborative approach and transparent charging structure will also assist in easing the way for you.