Employment law - Employers
Unique interaction at all business levels
No two organisations are the same, so we approach each issue in the context of your business drivers and your desired outcomes. We seek to understand your culture, your requirements and how we can improve your business performance and reduce your business risk. We will provide you with the best possible solution, taking into considering the real risks faced by your business whilst ensuring legal compliance. We understand that employment matters can often be time consuming and costly and we aim to provide prompt support to effectively manage risk.
Every business should have up to date employment contracts and staff handbooks to comply with employment legislation. However, from a practical perspective contracts and policies are invaluable to set out the rights, responsibilities and obligations of you and your employees in the workplace. They are essential to stipulate what your employees can expect of you and what you can expect from your employees in return. Clearly defined obligations and expectations will significantly minimise the scope for disagreement.
We will provide a legal framework of support and expertise on a "project specific" or on an "interim" basis to assist you in restructuring programs, redundancy procedures, implementing changes to employees' terms and conditions and the employment law and HR impact of transfers, acquisitions and business sales. We will not only point out what you have to do but will provide you with the assistance and guidance you need on how you should do it.
Our HR and Employment law advice includes:
- Consultation on the follow areas:
- Redundancy and Restructuring
- Equal Opportunity and Diversity issues
- Restrictive Covenants
- Confidentiality Clauses
- "Family Friendly"
- Policies Working Time Regulations (WTR)
- Sickness and Absence management
- Bullying, Harassment and Victimisation
- Tailored HR and Employment Law training
- Transfer of Undertakings (TUPE)
- Obligations to conduct employee consultations
- Exit strategy for Company Directors and Senior Executives
- Strategic planning and negotiation of Executive appointments
- Employment status and Agency Workers
- Employment Contracts;
- Director's Service Agreements;
- Staff Handbooks
- Disciplinary, Capability and Grievance Procedures
- Drafting and negotiating on Compromise Agreements
- Drafting Restrictive Covenants
- Drafting Non Compete and Confidentiality clauses
- Employment Tribunal claims for: Breach of Contract Unfair Dismissal Discrimination
ACUMEN BUSINESS LAW provides FREE initial Employment Consultations for Businesses as well as offering a Free Legal MOT. If you have a query regarding employment law issues, or your legal responsibilities as an employer, please call for to speak to an Employment Solicitor on 08458 678 978.